Monday, June 16, 2014

And a serious Ode!



This is an ode to all to the email/message forwards about missing school, missing college, missing the 60’s, missing the 70s, and the 80s ,90’s, the yesterday, the today. Etc. Instead we are all now tied to a grind, bad bosses and what-nots.

Well! I don’t miss you!!!
(Oops did I just ostracize myself!)

Maybe I should try a little harder…

Nope, I still don’t miss you. 

Damn! I said it again!

While we are at it, let me also apologize..I am sorry. (Truly I am.) I don’t regret the Google! I would have had no clue what a “Gedankenexperiment” if not.  (Did you just Google?)

I love waking up to my crazy, cooky alarm, I love running in a frenzy to work, I love the aroma of business when I enter the building.
I love switching on my laptop.I love the heady rush of fixing problems. I love barking orders or sometimes getting barked at. I love pouring thru’ excel sheets with my colleagues. I love flitting madly in and outta meeting rooms. 

I love making sense.

I love the tasteless cafeteria. I love complaining about it even more! I love trying to talk to my non-English clients. I love to laugh with my team, I love to get out an hour early only to hear incessant panic calls and plug back-in rapidly.

I love seeing the bank balance bloat at the end of the month. I love to pick on the silly mistakes with my Finance team.

I love it all! (I think I might be hunted and shot down after this!)

There you go folks!

So all you lovely people who don’t have time to stop and smell the rose; please STOP and do it just that.  I promise you this - Our world will continue to spin.

As for the rest of us; Move it! It’s BAU!

3 comments:

Moushumi said...

Love ur candid views....:) keep up the good work ...looking forward to read more

Interpreter said...

I love you loving so many things

Unknown said...

I was seraching interesting article. My friend told me reading your post. I read your post it is really helpful for me. My friend working in Towing Des Monies company.Thanks for sharing.